This site is a test bed for everything I learn and is mostly for my own benefit. As such it may be down from time to time and is subject to frequent changes.
My passions include Slackware Linux, Coldfusion, Railo, JQuery, MS SQL Server and MySQL. You will often see me deep into the latest publication of a web design magazine or a man printout.
Published: Jan 20, 2015
Sometimes when you are working with databases it is faster to add everything and remove selected data than it is to just add in what you need. Once such example is populating a many-to-many relationship table. ...more
Published: Oct 16, 2014
I just got confirmation a few minutes ago that the first test case was accurate. The little project my fiance and I started will indeed go into production in 9 months. ...more
Published: Oct 2, 2014
Please vote to get Railo added to Bitnami. ...more
Published: Sep 30, 2014
Thought of the day. Adding value to a system. ...more
Published: Sep 23, 2014
So last week I found out that returning multiple resultsets to coldfusion from a stored procedure call is a simple matter of adding extra cfprocresult arguments to the cfstoredproc call. ...more
Published: Sep 16, 2014
In continuation of my previous post on filtering aggregate columns I thought today I would demonstrate two simple ways to do conditional data aggregation. ...more
Published: Sep 9, 2014
Internet explorer's compatibility mode is a pain in the ass. Fortunately it is possible to disable it from the server side if you need to. ...more
Published: Sep 2, 2014
The best way to filter aggregate data columns is to use the "HAVING" clause in place of the "WHERE" clause for filtering aggregate columns. ...more
- And now for fun some node grunt and sass
- So it's Saturday night and I am installing jenkins and ant on my computer. #livingthelife
- Found a line of code that is not epically wrong its epochally wrong. Going to put my head down and cry for a little bit.
- #cfml101 If a function argument is defined as required you *do not* specify a default value. #facepalm
- I know I'm not the greatest at css but my god some people need to be taken out and flogged for the way they abuse it.