This site is a test bed for everything I learn and is mostly for my own benefit. As such it may be down from time to time and is subject to frequent changes.
My passions include Slackware Linux, Coldfusion, Railo, JQuery, MS SQL Server and MySQL. You will often see me deep into the latest publication of a web design magazine or a man printout.
Published: Aug 7, 2014
This is not the blog post I intended to write. ...more
Published: Jul 15, 2014
Have you ever tried to delete a directory on windows or windows server and been blocked by the message that you must be an administrator to change this directory. I normally get around this by using "rmdir" from the command prompt. ...more
Published: Jun 10, 2014
Whenever I reuse code from the internet I like to share the love. ...more
Published: Jun 3, 2014
Don't use cfselect if you can, but if you have no choice and need it to refresh on a bound element change this solution should have you covered. ...more
Published: Jun 2, 2014
Please donate to help out an wonderful lady having to deal with the big C without insurance ...more
Published: May 13, 2014
A gotcha of cfexecute is that it ignores anything sent to standard error by the called process. To get around it you need to use the errorVariable attribute to detect any errors in it. ...more
Published: Apr 8, 2014
Sometimes you may be required to change the schema of an object in SQL Server such as a table or stored procedure. While you can do it through the SQL Management Studio GUI here is how you would script the changes. ...more
Published: Apr 3, 2014
Here's a quick tip to get around the "cannot delete eclipse.exe" problem when upgrading eclipse. ...more
- @bdw429s like I said. Adobe just don't get it. Thinks its perfectly ok to hold releasing a fix (until oct.) for a bug affecting people now.
- @bdw429s its hard to imagine adobe having a dev release channel when they are not even capable of utilizing their main release channel.
- @bdw429s agree they need bleeding edge *but* in this case amit admitted that this patch was 100% tested and waiting for cumulative release.
- Adobe really don't get it do they. https://t.co/1URfbNzwxg #coldfusion I'm so glad we are #switchingtorailo
- .@dacCfml you are surprised? From what i've seen over past few years its the norm #coldfusion