This site is a test bed for everything I learn and is mostly for my own benefit. As such it may be down from time to time and is subject to frequent changes.
My passions include Slackware Linux, Coldfusion, Railo, JQuery, MS SQL Server and MySQL. You will often see me deep into the latest publication of a web design magazine or a man printout.
Published: May 26, 2015
So its been a little over a week since I got back from devobjective, and I learned a lot there. However I want to focus on what I saw and learned about the cfml engines. ...more
Published: Apr 30, 2015
Well actually this is not the blog post I originally wrote, but having taken some time to cool down and think about it I am instead retracting my rather rash statement that I am giving up on cfml. ...more
Published: Apr 28, 2015
A few weeks ago I needed to modify a list to wrap each list element with single quotes. It turns out ColdFusion has a built in function for just this purpose. ...more
Published: Apr 18, 2015
I have been a huge fan of Railo for years and I thought that Lucee was going to be the best thing since sliced bread when I heard the announcement of it. But all I have seen so far has been an absolute bloody mess. ...more
Published: Apr 7, 2015
To change the jvm memory settings for railo you need to locate the setenv.sh file ...more
Published: Mar 31, 2015
Published: Mar 24, 2015
When using ColdFusion's request debugging output it can be necessary to selectively turn this off when making ajax requests. ...more
Published: Mar 17, 2015
How do you add an extra column to an existing query in ColdFusion. ...more
- Ok I surrender. Today the code won, tomorrow I'll just have to take a bigger hammer to it.
- .@raymondcamden Sorry ray, the current version doesnt. I've been wrestling with some server issues so I havent gotten around to that yet
- Thoughts on CFML after DevObjective http://t.co/htSxr2fBLV #ColdFusion #Lucee #Railo
- New blog entry: "Thoughts on CFML after DevObjective" http://t.co/DAaMNwT26C #Lucee #ColdFusion #Railo
- Looks like either traffic is overwhelming the machine or the ethernet card is dying. 90%+ software interrupts, eth0 seems to be the culprit.