This site is a test bed for everything I learn and is mostly for my own benefit. As such it may be down from time to time and is subject to frequent changes.
My passions include Slackware Linux, Coldfusion, Railo, JQuery, MS SQL Server and MySQL. You will often see me deep into the latest publication of a web design magazine or a man printout.
Published: May 16, 2017
Sometime there will be occasions where you may need to continue a jquery interrupted form submission after some asynchronous event completes. This can be done using the currentTarget property of the event. ...more
Published: Jul 12, 2016
Last week I posted a survey to get feedback on the state of cfml and devobjective after this years conference. Here is the breakdown. ...more
Published: Jul 5, 2016
I am working on a blog post about my thoughts from devobjective 2016 and I'd like to get a general feel from the community on some questions. ...more
Published: Jun 18, 2016
Presentation slides and code examples from DevObjective 2016 presenation "Going modular with FW/1 subsystems 2.0" ...more
Published: Feb 2, 2016
When ColdFusion read cfml and cfc files it compiles them into to Java Class files. On some rare occasions you may find you need to clear these cached class files. To do so follow these steps: ...more
Published: Jan 19, 2016
Sometimes run into a problem with the legacy naming conventions used when creating our databases which causes errors when we need to explicitly specify the name of a database which is different between our dev and prod environments in a script. ...more
Published: Jan 5, 2016
I recently ran afoul of the duplicate() function when tuning a section of code which was populating an array of cfc objects from a query. Be warned that duplicate() does a deep copy of objects passed to it... ...more
- @JackOfWebTrades @JIRA Agreed and totally unnecessary
- @MarcusFernstrom @OpenBlueDragon This is good to hear but I have 2 questions. 1. Why would someone choose… https://t.co/epP0JotQDv
- Today. Bitbucket is having issues, oh now slackhq...oh wait now spectrum. A pattern I detect.
- @USTelecom @FCC Here is a fact for you. You are liars.
- @RonPaul Maybe you should rethink your argument. When the actual *creator* of the internet has come out in support… https://t.co/oClgbJQO7A