This site is a test bed for everything I learn and is mostly for my own benefit. As such it may be down from time to time and is subject to frequent changes.
My passions include Slackware Linux, Coldfusion, Railo, JQuery, MS SQL Server and MySQL. You will often see me deep into the latest publication of a web design magazine or a man printout.
Published: Jun 23, 2015
A coworker of mine got stung last week when he tried to use the JQuery .not() function thinking it was the opposite of the .is() function. In reality it is not the opposite but rather a filtering function. ...more
Published: May 26, 2015
So its been a little over a week since I got back from devobjective, and I learned a lot there. However I want to focus on what I saw and learned about the cfml engines. ...more
Published: Apr 30, 2015
Well actually this is not the blog post I originally wrote, but having taken some time to cool down and think about it I am instead retracting my rather rash statement that I am giving up on cfml. ...more
Published: Apr 28, 2015
A few weeks ago I needed to modify a list to wrap each list element with single quotes. It turns out ColdFusion has a built in function for just this purpose. ...more
Published: Apr 18, 2015
I have been a huge fan of Railo for years and I thought that Lucee was going to be the best thing since sliced bread when I heard the announcement of it. But all I have seen so far has been an absolute bloody mess. ...more
Published: Apr 7, 2015
To change the jvm memory settings for railo you need to locate the setenv.sh file ...more
Published: Mar 31, 2015
Published: Mar 24, 2015
When using ColdFusion's request debugging output it can be necessary to selectively turn this off when making ajax requests. ...more
- I love my job. First day back and I've already been told I've been put on the no-fly list so that I can't leave again lol.
- Ok the vacation is over. I guess I better start getting ready for the week :/
- Just started a topic on the fw/1 group that I'd love some input on. #cfml https://t.co/bZBSi4XQL6
- And please for the love of little coders stop using "=" to alias columns in your query!
- I get it, you like writing in cfscript. I do too. But FFS the cfquery is actually a good use case for tags. Not everything has to be script!